1) Pets are kept primarily indoors. They are social and need to be part of the family.
2) Adopter must have all current pets up to date on shots and spayed/neutered.
3) Adopter must have a veterinarian that we can call for a reference, (if previously a pet owner).
4) Adopter agrees to return the animal to MARF if unable or unwilling to take care of the animal in the future. We will try to help you re-home your pet, but you are responsible for it until foster space opens up. You are part of the re-homing process and you will need to foster and volunteer at adoptions (just like our fosters do).
5) Do not adopt an animal to give as a pet. If you are getting a pet for a child, you must take responsibility for it. Children cannot take proper care of a pet alone.
6) You must be at least 21 years old to adopt.
7) Puppies and kittens that have not been spayed or neutered can only be adopted locally unless special arrangements are made. (We cover the cost of spay/neuter at MARF local vets and all animals must be spayed/neutered)
8) Many of our dogs have a history of getting out, therefore they require appropriate containment/fenced yard for outside.